GAATW - Exploring Links between Trafficking and Labour
May 03 2011
Download right click "save as"
This paper will discuss the linkages between trafficking and labour. Its aims are to clarify broader labour and migration system complexities, and explore alliances with a wider set of social movement actors, while holding on to the human rights gains that have been made by anti-trafficking groups. The first section will define trafficking and labour concepts. The second section will look at how people put labour and trafficking together in practice, and what effects that can have on workers and those who are trafficked. The third section will look at anti-trafficking organisations and other actors in the labour arena to examine their strengths and shortcomings as regards anti-trafficking work, as well as options for and tensions surrounding possible cooperation. After concluding remarks, the paper will finish with policy recommendations and advocacy messages for each of the discussed actors.
- Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers Facilitator’s Guide
- Caring for Trafficked Persons/Cuidados Para la Salud y la Trata de Personas
- IOM 2011 Case Data on Human Trafficking
- IOM Understanding and Counteracting Trafficking
- IOM The Causes and Consequences of Evidence from the IOM Human Trafficking Database Re-trafficking
- IOM Manual Human Trafficking and Legalization of Criminal Profits. Russian.
- IOM Manual on THB crimes typologies. Russian.
- IOM Moscow CIS Executive Committee CT Seminar 2010 Russian
- IOM International Conference. “Improvement of International Cooperation in Counteracting Human Trafficking” Russian
- IOM Trafficking of men Belarus and Ukraine
- IOM UNGIFT Caring for Trafficked Persons
- IOM SACTAP 10 Questions about Human Trafficking