OSCE Building the Capacity of Roma Communities to Prevent Trafficking in Human Beings English
Jan 12 2011
Download right click "save as"
This report is based on the presentations and discussion from a roundtable on "Making Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings Effective: Building Regional and Local Capacity of Roma Communities", Tirana, 18-20 September 2006. Concrete Practices presented in the paper include: 1. Making access to basic rights effective for Roma as a means of preventing trafficking; 2. Including state actors, such as social and health services and police, in responses to trafficking; 3. Strengthening national social protection systems, in particular child protection systems, to prevent trafficking and protect victims; 4. The role of outreach, such as street work and the use of Roma cultural mediators; 5. The use of 'open' assistance programmes, such as drop-in and day programmes; 6. Ensuring that Roma and non-Roma actors are equal partners in prevention and protection efforts; and 7. Hiring and training Roma personnel for activities targeting Roma communities. This publication is also available in Slovak on the website of OSCE.
- Report of the Special Rapporteur 2011
- Summary note of the online discussion on the “draft basic principles on the right to an effective remedy for trafficked persons”
- Recommended Principles And Guidelines On Human Rights And Trafficking
- OHCHR Working with Civil Society Handbook
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2010
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2009
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - General Assembly Report 2009
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Poland
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Japan
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Egypt
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Belarus
- Recommended Principles and Guidelines on Human Rights and Human Trafficking