A short introduction to migrant smuggling
Sep 07 2010
Download right click "save as"
This Issue Paper offers a brief overview of the crime of migrant smuggling. It explains aspects of the crime as defined in the Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air (Smuggling of Migrants Protocol) supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime. The paper also explores how the crime of migrant smuggling is committed, the roles played by individual criminal actors in the process, and explains the difference between migrant smuggling and the distinct but related crime of human trafficking.
- Manpower Group Case Study
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers Facilitator’s Guide
- UNODC Global report on trafficking in persons 2012
- The State of Human Trafficking in California 2012
- Join the global dialogue
- Investor Guide for Effective Supply Chain Accountability
- Vulnerability to exploitation